From the manufacturer
In 1847, Henry Thayer M.D. opened a laboratory on Main Street in Cambridge, Massachusetts to produce his newly developed line of herbal extracts for sale to the medical profession. Through a long-standing commitment to creating pure, effective, cruelty-free products of the highest natural quality, we have built a legacy personal care brand with a 170 year history…and counting.
Thayers Blemish Toner with Witch Hazel, 12 Ounce
Thayers Blemish Clearing Toner is formulated to speed relief to blemishes and treat them with home-grown healing power. This alcohol-free toner is formulated with Thayers proprietary blend of soothing and cleansing Witch Hazel and hydrating and healing filet of Aloe Vera, along with skin-renewing Tea Tree Oil. Maximum strength 2% Salicylic Acid treats clogged pores from the inside-out, banishing existing blemishes and helping to prevent new ones from forming.
- Tea Tree oil and maximum strength 2% salicylic acid target acne at its onset
- Witch hazel and lemongrass extract feature exceptional antibacterial properties, working against acne at its deepest form.
- Aloe Vera moisturizes to keep skin hydrated and not in a state of over-producing oil.
- Fight acne with less irritation, and without over-drying your face. Restores skin pH level to balanced – a level where bacterial growth is limited
Salicylic acid is a Beta Hydroxy Acid (BHA), and the active ingredient in our Blemish Clearing line. It’s an organic compound with antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that can help clear acne. A BHA’s cellular structure allows it to penetrate through oil (your clogged pores) and exfoliate the pore; so it treats existing acne and prevents new blemishes from forming.
Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil
Widely known for its natural anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties, Tea Tree Leaf Oil helps to kill off acne-causing bacteria and reduce the redness and inflammation as a result of acne.
Hamamelis Virginiana Extract (Witch Hazel)
Made of extract from the Witch Hazel shrub (Hamamelis Virginiana) and a blend of other time-tested ingredients – Thayers Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera Formula Astringents and Alcohol-Free Toners are soothing, natural treatments that cleanse, tone and soothe your skin.
Why Thayers Witch Hazel?
- Cleanses: Witch Hazel’s strong antioxidant and astringent properties make it one of the most effective natural cleansers and acne treatments available. Application of Witch Hazel reduces excess oil buildup and bacteria growth on the skin, heals infections, reduces redness and inflammation, and halts the development of blackheads and whiteheads.
- Tones: Most facial cleansers leave skin stripped and dry due to their alkaline pH level (>7pH). While an alkaline pH level is effective in removing oil and buildup on the skin, toning is necessary to bring the skin back to its optimal pH level (5.5pH).
- Moisturizes: A highlight of our proprietary formula is filet of Aloe Vera, widely-known as one of nature’s best non-greasy skin moisturizers. Aloe is also nutrient-rich, also containing Vitamin A, Vitamin C, and Vitamin E, giving it excellent skin-brightening and anti-aging qualities.